The school district provides busing to and from public and non-public schools within the district for all students whose homes are located as follows: Grades K-5: more than 1/2 mile from school; Grades 6-8: more than 3/4 mile from school; Grades 9-12: more than 1 1/4 mile from school, no forms are required.
All requests for changes and/or modifications of bus stops must be made in writing to the Transportation Office. No changes are possible during the first three weeks of school.
Parents of children attending non-public schools outside the district must register your child with Central Registration at 516-767-5470 and file a written request for transportation prior to April 1st for the following school year.
- Policy 4531 Field Trips and Excursions
- Policy 4531-R Field Trip Regulations
- Policy 5320 Student Conduct on School Buses
- Policy 8134 Emergency Closings
- Policy 8414 Transportation
- Policy 8414-R School Bus Safety Regulation
- Policy 8414.5-R Alcohol and Drug-Testing of Bus Drivers Regulation
- Policy 8418 Anti-Idling Policy
- Policy 8420-R Transportation to Locations Other than Student’s Home
- Policy 8424 Transportation in Cases of Joint Custody
- Policy 9400 Fingerprinting