The school district provides busing to and from public and non-public schools within the district for all students whose homes are located as follows: Grades K-5: more than 1/2 mile from school; Grades 6-8: more than 3/4 mile from school; Grades 9-12: more than 1 1/4 mile from school, no forms are required.
All requests for changes and/or modifications of bus stops must be made in writing to the Transportation Office. No changes are possible during the first three weeks of school.
Parents of children attending non-public schools outside the district must register your child with Central Registration at 516-767-5470 and file a written request for transportation prior to April 1st for the following school year.
Transportation Department, Port Washington Public
Schools, 100 Campus Drive, Port Washington, NY 11050
For more information about Transportation, call (516) 767-5680.
- Policy 4531 Field Trips and Excursions
- Policy 4531-R Field Trip Regulations
- Policy 5320 Student Conduct on School Buses
- Policy 8134 Emergency Closings
- Policy 8414 Transportation
- Policy 8414-R School Bus Safety Regulation
- Policy 8414.5-R Alcohol and Drug-Testing of Bus Drivers Regulation
- Policy 8418 Anti-Idling Policy
- Policy 8420-R Transportation to Locations Other than Student’s Home
- Policy 8424 Transportation in Cases of Joint Custody
- Policy 9400 Fingerprinting