Food Service Director
The Port Washington School District provides a comprehensive school food service program, providing both breakfast and lunch for students Pre-K through 12. The program is currently managed by Aramark, an outside vendor. Additionally, there is a districtwide Nutrition Committee made up of parents representing all seven schools. The Nutrition Committee, working with the district bidding specifications and the district wellness policy encourages nutritional eating. The district is continually working towards reducing processed foods and striving to meet its goals of introducing students to tasty and wholesome foods, best food preparation practices, and providing opportunities for nutrition education. The monthly menus appear on our district web site for reference.
The Board of Education reviews and sets the cost for a Type A meal for breakfast and lunch. The 2021-2022 prices are as follows:
To help ensure the health and safety of all our students and staff, we ask that parents please consider funding their student’s meal account online through MySchoolBucks. This will help minimize the amount of cash/check deposits that need to be handled throughout the day, which allows us to focus on serving meals as fast, efficiently, and safely as possible.
In addition to paying online for meals, your free MySchoolBucks account also makes it easy to check your student’s balance, set up low balance alerts, and view cafeteria purchases from anywhere.
Get Started Today:
- Go to myschoolbucks.com or download the mobile app
- Create your free account and add your students using their school name / student ID
- Add funds using your credit / debit card or electronic check
- A program fee may apply. You will have the opportunity to review any fees and cancel if you choose, before you are charged.
- Set up automatic payments and never forget to send in lunch money again.