Sharon Frank, Mentor FacilitatorRoom G-17, Weber Middle Schoolsfrank@portnet.orgIncluded:
About Our Mentor Program
- About Our Mentor Program
- Mentor/Mentee meeting dates 2018-2019
- Directions to Sharon Frank's classroom/meeting location
- N.Y.S. Department of Education Overview of Mentoring Standards
The educational community of the Port Washington School District recognizes that a mentoring program is an essential part of the overall preparation and professional development of beginning teachers.The purpose of the Port Washington School District Mentoring Program is to provide a supportive and nurturing environment for new teachers in a non-evaluative and confidential setting. Mentors will provide expertise, support, and professional growth to enhance the skills and effectiveness of those teachers entering the profession. Within this framework, four main goals are critical components of the Port Washington School District Mentoring Program:
1) To introduce the new teacher to the culture and climate of the community, school, and district to which he/she is assigned;
2) To help new teachers develop best skills and practices that will have a positive impact on student learning/achievement;
3) To foster a sense of collegiality and openness, which will encourage reflective practice;
4) To increase the retention of highly qualified new teachers.
The Port Washington School District Mentoring Program was developed jointly by the partnership of the Port Washington School District and the Port Washington Teacher Association.
2018-2019 Schedule of Mentor/Mentee Meetings
Time/Location: All at 3:30 PM in Room G-17 (New Wing/Ground Floor) at Weber M.S.
Mentee Meetings (only for Mentees):Monday, October 1, 2018
Monday, January 7, 2019
Monday, March 11, 2019Mentor Meetings (only for Mentors):
Monday, October 15, 2018
Monday, January 28, 2019
Monday, March 25, 2019Joint Meeting for Both Mentees and Mentors:Monday, June 3, 2019Directions to classroom/parking:1. Park at a meter on Port Boulevard in front of school. Enter building through New Wing doors. Follow hall to room G-17. Call Sharon Frank's cell phone if doors are locked.-OR-2. Park in the Flower Hill parking lot (next to H.S. track) on Campus Drive and enter through keypad door (center door of building) on driveway. Upon entering, make left at top of first flight of stairs into first floor hall. Follow hallway for about 2 minutes, passing rooms 8 through 15, passing Gym lobby, Library, Principal's Office and Auditorium. After Medical Office on right, take staircase on right down to Ground Floor. Make right into Ground floor hallway, pass Technology classrooms and enter New Wing Ground Level straight ahead. Make left in New Wing hall and follow to room G-17.