Personal Hygiene is pertinent for all students but especially for pre-teens and teenagers. Body odor is one of those things that a few people want to admitt to, but many suffer from. Natural fibers " breathe" which allows odor to dissipate more quickly than synthetics. They tend to keep cooler. By contrast, synthetic fibers tend to hold on to odor for deal life.
Practicing Good Personal Hygiene includes:
- Washing your hands often - after using the restroom, after sneezing or blowing your nose and before meals (always cough into your elbow)
- Shower Daily - Wash your entire body with soap and warm water, including your scalp
- Use Deodorant or Antiperspirant every morning before school
- Brush and Floss - Brush gently at least twice a day and floss daily
- Wear clean clothes - undergarments must be changed daily, outer clothing must be clean
- Nails - Keep nails clean and trimmed