QR Codes in the Classroom
What is a QR Code?
QR stands for Quick Response. A QR Code is very similar to a bar code. They can contain text, links (to web sites, videos, files), and much more. QR Codes are safe to use in the classroom. Students only access what you tell them to via the QR Code.
- 8 Ways I Make Learning Fun by Using QR Codes in the Classroom
- Using QR Codes in the Classroom to Enhance Learning
- iTeach- QR Codes- Lots of FREE resources
QR Code Generators
Need an app to scan QR codes?
iOS devices with iOS 11 or higher can use the camera app to scan QR codes.
QR Reader by Scan: Free Reader-with no adds
Safely Share YouTube Videos- great for QR codes and sharing through Google Classroom
- SafeShare.tv https://safeshare.tv/
- Paste the URL of the YouTube or Vimeo video into the site and it will generate a link to view the video free of ads, comments and related videos.**Free Account required** Use your Portnet Google to login
- Instructions on how to use SafeShare
QR Code Generator Chromebook Extension- must be logged into the Chrome BROWSER to install and use.
Create your Own Videos with Screencastify- record your screen and audio